Sunday, January 10, 2010

John Chapter 16 (Expounded)

John Chapter 16


Preface - from Chapter 15:
Yahushua is preparing His disciples while in the room where the Passover meal has been eaten, and teaching has taken place, and from where the betrayer has been sent to complete his mission, to be able to continue in the capacity or position for which they have been chosen to fulfill. The Comforter has been promised to appear and take the place of the one who now protects them and teaches them when Yahushua goes where they cannot follow until later in time. The disciples are told the inescapable, stone hard fact that all who have been violently hating Him while He has been amongst them will continue to do so to them after He has gone. He also assures them that whoever is of the kind that has listened to Him and sought for the truth of what He has taught, will also listen to and be taught by them; and that they, because of this, will be producing the fruit, through their thoughts and actions of obedience to Him, that will not perish with the passage of time. This obedience to who and what they now are, like vine runners that have been cleansed of all defilement by the pruning action of what He has taught them in obedience to His Father, will magnify the majesty of the Father through the works that the Son of man has set in motion by His obedience. They are assured of this regardless of the perils that they are now warned of which will be sure to happen to them because of the testimony which they will bear record of after He has gone.


Yahushua continues...


1) I have told you about these things so that you would not be tempted to distrust me, and stumble, and fall off of the pathway of life that is pleasing to the Father whom you have come to know and trust because of my teachings.


2) They... those who violently hate me now, and will hate you in the same manner after I am gone to be with the Father..., will cause you to be thrown out of the synagogues... 656 aposunagogos {ap-os-oon-ag'-o-gos} - excommunicated... they will forcibly cut you off from the sacred assemblies together that all Israel takes part in throughout every year... More than this, the time will exist in which it will be common that whoever causes your death; and the destruction of the logic and rationale that is now normal for you, in any way that it can be done, will think that he/she does Yahweh service... 2999 latriea {lat-ri'-ah} - will think that he/she has performed a sacred service to Yahweh, as a part of worship, that He will approve of...;


3) And they will do these things to you because they have not known... 1097 ginosko {ghin-oce'-ko} - they have not learned to know so that they can understand and discern the character of... the Father, nor me.


4) In spite of all of these things being as they are and will continue to be, I have told you of these things so that when they happen, you will remember that I told you about them. More than this, I did not tell you of these things at the beginning of my becoming recognized and plainly known by all mankind for Who and What I am, because I was with you then.


5) However things are different now. I go my way to return to the One who has sent me to accomplish what I am now doing; and none of you asks me where I am going... Instead, you are all accepting that I will leave...


6) And instead of being fearful, curious and demanding to know what is going on, because I have told you about these things before they have taken place, sorrow has filled your heart that I am leaving.


7) But... 235 alla {al-lah'} - in spite of your sorrow at the knowledge that I am leaving... I speak truth to you and do not shield you from the heaviness that you feel in your heart. It is better for you that I go. For if I do not leave, then the Comforter... the Spirit of Yahweh... the Most Holy, rational Spirit, who will show you and cause you to remember all things that pertain to the Father and His Order... will not come to you; but if I depart... 4198 poreuomai {por-yoo'-om-ahee} - if I continue on to pursue the journey that I began when I was sent by my Father..., then, I will send Him to you;


8) And, when He has made His public appearance, then He will reprove... 1651 elegcho {el-eng'-kho} - He will expose the violation of the Order of Yahweh that is in the nature of the entire world... in the order of things, now existing, that makes up all of mankind...; and He will cause the shame of that order of things to be felt by those who are convicted within themselves by His reproof; and He will reveal what righteousness truly is to all of the world... He will cause the character traits of an existence that should be, which is pleasing to the Father, and part of His True Order... known to this world, and He will make known the plumbline of separation between what is acceptable, and, He will make known that which brings the sentence of condemnation and punishment from Yahweh.


9) He will expose the conviction of the world because of the violation of the law... the True Order... of Yahweh, because they, that have the inherent nature of the order of things that is in error within them governing their thoughts, feelings, and decisions, do not believe in me.


10) He will convince the world of what righteousness is supposed to be; and should have always been, because I go to my Father and you will not have my presence with you any longer.


11) He will reveal the separation between what is truly right and what is truly wrong, according to the True Reality of Yahwehs' Order, to be known by the world. Because the ruler of this order is under a sentence of condemnation and punishment.


12) I still have many things to speak to you about; but you are unable to carry the weight of them just now.


13) But when He, Who is the Spirit of what Truth Really is, reveals Himself; and becomes established in His place. He will guide you toward what is really the truth in any matter under consideration because He will not speak of Himself. Instead, whatever He understands because of what He has heard from the Father, He will speak of, and He will reveal to you things that are yet to happen.


14) He will glorify me... He will make my worth, because of Who and What I am, to be known and acknowledged...; because He will take to Himself from whatever is a part of the characteristics of Who and What I am, make that a part of Himself; and make that known to you.


15) All that the Father has, as a part of Who and What He is, are mine. It is for this reason that I said that the Comforter will take to Himself, and make that to be a part of Himself out of whatever is a part of me; and make that known to you.


16) A short time from now, you will not be able to see me; and know my presence. Yet again, in a short amount of time from now, you will be able to see me... you will be able to discern my presence with you..., because I am going to the Father.


17) Then, His disciples spoke among themselves: What is this that He is telling us? A short time from now and you will not be able to see me; and again, in a short amount of time from now, you will be able to see me, because I am going to the Father?


18) They said, for this reason: What is this that He is saying, a short time from now? We do not understand what He is talking about.


19) Now, Yahushua knew that they wanted to ask Him; and He said to them: Do you ask each other what I meant when I said that a short time from now and you will not be able to see me; and that again, in a short amount of time from now, that you will be able to see me?


20) I speak the truth to you when I tell you that you will weep and mourn, but the world... but the order of things that exists now, which is not spiritual; but earthy, sensual, and rebellious... will rejoice; and you will be full of heaviness and affliction; but, your sorrow will become joy.


21) A woman, when she is in the pains of childbirth, has affliction because her appointed time for delivery has come to pass; but, as soon as the child is born, she does not remember the pain because of the joy that is in her that a human being has been birthed into the world.


22) You have heaviness in your spirit; and you are afflicted now for this reason; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and no man will be able to take your joy away from you.


23) In that day, no one will ask for anything from me. Truly I tell you, that, whatever you ask for from the Father, as a part of me, will be given to you.


24) At this very moment in time you have not asked for anything as a part of me. Ask, then, and you will take whatever you have asked for to yourself, as your own, so that that your joy will be realized as being complete in every particular.


25) I have told you of these things using figurative speech. The time is coming, though, when I will no longer speak to you using metaphors or parables; and instead, I will show you plainly whatever comes from the Father.


26) When that day comes you will ask for whatever you intend, within your heart, as a part of me; and, I am not telling you that I will ask for these things from the Father on your behalf.


27) For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have believed that I was sent from Yahweh.


28) I came from where the Father sent me from; and I have come into the world; and again, I leave the world that I was sent to and return to the Father.


29) His disciples said to Him: Now you speak plainly and not in parables.


30) Now we are sure that you know all things; and that we do not need to question you. By this awareness we are convinced that you came from Yahweh.


31) Yahushua answered them: Do you believe now?


32) Understand that the time is coming, yes, is now here, when all of you that are here with me now will be scattered, every one towards whatever pertains to himself and his own perceived well being; and you will leave me alone. Yet, even though this will take place, I am not alone because the Father is with me.


33) I have spoken to you of these things so that you can have peace. In the world... in the order of things, that exists now, within all mankind... you will have oppression and affliction; but be encouraged ...be comforted... I have overcome the world... 3528 nikao {nik-ah'-o} - I have conquered this order... this dominion...

No comments:

Post a Comment